Friday, January 30, 2009

Crazy Week

OK, so they say children do this, but really.
#1 Tuesday morning we get a call from the school at 9:05 am, saying that Kayson has stuck his tongue to a poll, and it is still bleeding after 20 minutes. After trying to suppress laughter, we decided to let him tough it out and stay at school. We did try to talk to him, but he sounded so funny we had to talk to the principal instead. By 11am the school called back. His tongue was swollen, and he wants to come home. I forgot to take a picture until Wednesday, but it still looked pretty raw. The rest of the story.... Bryson and Kayson did this as a dare together, with lots of friends watching. Bryson just touched the tip of his tongue, whereas Kayson stuck on 1/2 of his. STUPID TAX


#2 Wednesday.
Leah decided to join me for a shower. I got dressed and left the room with Leah still naked, and putting mousse in her hair. She was in there a long time. I did come check on her, and she was putting clips in her hair then. After about an hour (I know, I got busy and forgot about her) She comes out all dressed, and asks me a question. I take one look at her and ask if she has cut her hair. She smiles, and says yes. I ask where all the hair is, she takes me to the bathroom where there are 10 hairs on the floor. I ask where the rest is, and she shows me she has cleaned it all up, and put it in the trash.

So I take her to Snip its, and they tried to even up the sides, and added a few layers, but all in all she did a remarkable job. She showed me how she combed all her hair from the crown of her head forward, and then attempting to follow her original (thin) bangs, she cut off the rest. At least she still has her length. Thanks goes out to Mindy who gave me her professional discount on the cut. I did save some of her hair, and already added it to her journal. These are her before and after shots. You can see they are pretty similar.

#3 Weening Carson
Alen and I had a discussion about Carson, and his feeding. He has never been a fantastic nurser since he was born, but I have never nursed this long either. My children have all weened themselves rather effortlessly on my part. SOOOOOOO we decided Wednesday would be the day. I feed him early that morning, and then that was it. Wednesday night was pure hell. Every time he tried to nurse I gave him to Alen. He slept fitfully, on and off all night in between screaming fits.
Thursday was slightly better. Carson acted leary of me, but he still tried to nurse. I took him for a drive for his nap, and that night was not as bad as Wednesday, but still a long one.
Today Carson has tried even harder to nurse during the day, so we will see how the night goes for us all. Tomorrow night Alen has to work, so I am praying for a good night. I could not have done this without his help. I think Alen has ulterior motives for Carson being weened, but I think this is the best for us all. Wish us ALL luck!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Loved all the stories. Kayson is a crack up. And I've never seen a hair cut story turn out so well. GOod job Leah!

Cheryl said...

Tell Kason I did the same thing when I was younger! The only thing is when I couldn't get my tongue off I tried to use my lips to help.. needless to say... my whole mouth was stuck!! OUCH!! The only way to get me off was to pour hot water on it! Nothing tasted the same for a while after that!!

October 2008 Family Pictures

Climbing Leah

Climbing Leah
Where did mom hide the candy? June 2008