Friday, February 12, 2010

Blue & Gold 2010


We have a great cub scouting program in our ward.  Lots of planning goes into our pack meetings, and we had a great time on Thursday evening at our Blue and Gold Dinner.  Bryson earned his Bear, 1 gold arrow, and 2 silver arrows.  We are so proud of him.  He is very excited to go to his meetings, and works hard each week.  

We did a cake off, with every family making a cake, and then we ate them for dessert.  It was a lot of fun to see the creative cakes brought in.
 We made the campfire cake on the bottom left.  It was a jelly cake with frosting inside.  The coals are chocolate doughnut holes rolled in powdered sugar, and fruit roll up flames.
 
This cake in the back won 1st place.  It was cut, and a jello jiggler river inserted.  It even had swedish fish inside the river, a tent with starburst sleeping bags, and a campfire with bridge mix, and candy corns.  It was very cool.
 
 Stuck with the theme of 100 years of scouting.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow! I don't know why I haven't seen your blog in forever. I'll have to double check that I have you on my update list. Unless you're private. Then I'll add you to my favorites. Anyway, I enjoyed catching up.

October 2008 Family Pictures

Climbing Leah

Climbing Leah
Where did mom hide the candy? June 2008